Wednesday 18 May 2011

Caught in a World Wide Web

I've just been "personally invited" to a complimentary webinar. "Do you currently leverage employee career development as a human capital management and business strategy?" the email reads. "If so, how is it impacting retention?"

As guilty far too often of such business-babble myself, I can hardly complain. I probably deserve to be bombarded by such crap from an anonymous  donor: like some ghastly verbal transplant that one neither asked for nor needed.

"Is it tied to internal mobility strategy, and aligning employees in the right positions?" the missive continues. "Do employees currently feel satisfied with the career development opportunities that your company provides?"

Is worker satisfaction, that tired old panacea, still kicking in the employment mortuary? As a sole trader, I can speak quite candidly for all my workforce.  Given the current climate, plus recent fuckups by business leaders and governments, I imagine they're just glad of a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment